Sunday, August 9, 2009

Frozen Key Lime Pie



As summer winds down to a close I MUST get this recipe out there before it gets to be chilly and fall. This frozen pie is not officially "key lime" as it is way to simple to be such and includes no such ingredient! It is simple, refreshing, tangy, and quite delicious! It always reminds me of summer and is one of my mother's few treats that always wins rave reviews! It's so simple and refreshing it's a must have at least once every year before the leaves start falling!

4 simple ingredients:
  • 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
  • 8 oz frozen whipped topping
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • pre-made chocolate oreo crust
  • 3 drops of green food coloring (not a true ingredient)
I promised simple and simple I will deliver: thaw the ingredients (if the whipped topping is not fully thawed it will not mix and it will be clumpy), mixing the limeade and sweetened condensed milk together with a spatula, and fold in the whipped cream. Pour into the pre-made crust, and after four short hours (or overnight) in the freezer... voila! Delish!

2 comments:

  1. I love to see college kids that like to cook. I started teaching my daughter to cook as soon as she could stand on a chair next to me. She is still learning, but then...isn't everyone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best way to do it, I think! My dad is a great cook and I was his sous-chef for years cutting up vegetables and tasting things for him to see what it needed! Tons of fun and the learning never ends!

    ReplyDelete